Hughes has spent the last 30 years in the Chamber profession; nearly 18 of those years having been spent at the former Lenawee County Chamber of Commerce. Under Hughes’ leadership, the Adrian Area Chamber has grown to serve more than 500 member businesses, organizations and agencies.
Hughes, along with her husband Phil Hughes, founded the Adrian Area Chamber of Commerce as an Adrian-based business development organization in late 2002. Phil, also retiring at the end of this year, has been responsible for membership sales.
Although retiring from the Chamber, the couple will not be idle. Ann and Phil will be pursuing a new business venture early in 2015, and are anticipating continuing as active members of the Adrian business community.
Londa Pickles, Chamber Board Chair, had nothing but praise for Hughes after her announcement. “Ann Hughes has been a very strong leader, and one who has guided the Chamber through challenging times and growing pains,” Pickles said. “The board is grateful for her innumerable contributions over the last twelve years, as well as her dedication to the Adrian and Lenawee business community.”
The Chamber’s board of directors confirmed there is a solid succession plan in place to hire a new President and CEO, and ensures a successful future for the organization and its membership.
Starting a business or wanting to make your business better? We are publishing fresh Business News here.
- Grab some friends and enter the tournament. It really is a great day! $100 per person.
- Be a golf hole sponsor – have your business name at the tee for $100.
- Donate sleeves of golf balls – we need 144 sleeves, any donations will be appreciated!
- Gift certificates and cards are needed for prizes – all kinds are welcome!
- Get out of … (read more…)
O’Reilly Auto Parts
1025 S. Main St., Adrian
11:00 a.m. … (read more…)
Team cost is $400, or $100 per golfer, and includes carts, greens fees, continental breakfast and lunch. There will be prizes for the top three teams, as well as contest … (read more…)
Thank you for the opportunity to speak with you today about a topic that just a little less than a year ago, I knew nothing about. Over the course of one year, investment crowdfunding has become a reality in Michigan and has generated a lot of excitement.
Prior to taking office in 2011, I had … (read more…)
There’s always news in the community that is important to business. Look here for fresh Community News.
First Aid/Adult & Pediatric CPR/AED Whole class
Saturday, July 12, 2014 from 9:00 AM TO 4:00 PM
First Aid/Adult & Pediatric CPR/AED Online Skills Class Only
Wednesday, July 16, 2014 from 11: AM TO 2:45 PM
First aid/Adult CPR/AED Whole Class
Friday, July 18, 2014 from 9:00 AM TO 3:00 PM
First Aid/Adult CPR & Pediatric CPR/AED Recertification only
Monday, July 28, … (read more…)
- The Kiwanis Trail provides opportunities for exercise as well as opportunities to enjoy the beauty of the natural surroundings. Bike, walk or run any or all of the available 8+ miles of paved surface that runs from Riverside Park, through Trestle Park and continues the Green Highway, just before you reach Tecumseh.
- Enjoy a concert during the … (read more…)